I got to the boat and put all the parts back together. The motor cover supports also got a strip of the ocume ply so everything matches. The feet holding off the ladder need some felt pads so they don't scratch but other than that this project is done.
The ladder that I found was not made for this boat. It articulates in the middle which is a good thing as it will allow access to the motor. The bad thing is it needs something to rest on so it doesn't fold up when you step on it. I found a chunk of teak at Exotic lumber in Annapolis. Very expensive teak. 10 bucks for a 1x4x1foot. But it worked great. I rounded the corners and fit it to the existing legs. The existing legs were about 4 inches short. I have a Kreg pocket hole maker. Great tool. It allowed me to attach the part without a scarf. This is the first fit. I'll test fit it on the boat then fine tune it before using thickened resin to make it permanent to the ladder.
One day you get snow, the next day you get 70 degrees. I put two coats of varnish on. I got one on in the morning and let it bake in the sun. Got the second coat on around 3. I'm going to try and get to the boat on Thursday to see if all this stuff fits.
Finally, it's March! I hope the weather starts to get better. There is still ice on the bay but my creek is just about free. I got the parts from Marinepartsdepot.com Took about a month but it was worth it. The parts that I used could have been had from West Marine. They wanted $65 per hinge. The online store had them for 15 bucks each and they were the same ones. Along with the hinge I got two barrel bolts to hold the motor cover on. They also offered free shipping and knocked another 20% off.
Good deal all around.
They also fit and did the job!
I also refinished the motor cover. I skinned the original with 3 mil Ocume. I'll varnish everything when I can get outside.