Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hiking seats and Pullman sink update

I'm a dingy sailor.  Grew up with them and still race them.  We sit on the rail when sailing small boats.  With that, the Alberg left a lot to be desired when going up wind.  Sitting on the combing became quite painful...   Last season I made a hiking seat.  It was not quite successful.  I made it flat and it worked when the boat was level.  When the boat healed you slid off.  Over the winter I modified the seat  about 10 degrees.  When the boat is healed you sit flat.  I've seen other hi tech solutions but nothing quite like this.

I mounted the sink on the bulkhead next to the head.  I think this is going to work nicely.  I'll drain it into the head and use a folding plastic jug for the supply.  I'll mount the jug in the cabinet behind the head. 

The little sticker on the window allows us to dock at the Fleet Reserve Club in Annapolis.  

I'm hoping we are in the water next week!


The rubber scupper directs the water down the drain when you put the sink in the upright position.
                                                      I just have to hook up the plumbing





The bay is full of water!

                   .

No comments:

Post a Comment