Monday, May 19, 2014

Fired up

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had to replace both batteries.  I got two new batteries this past March and put them in the boat.  I did not hook them up until it was time to start the motor.  After we launched I attached the cables and appeared to have power.  The radio worked, the lights worked etc.  I tried the motor but all I got was a solenoid sound.  No cranking power.  I figured the bats need a charge so I put my charger on them for a day.  Tried again, nothing.   I took a close look at the terminals and found the + side was completely wasted.   I hack sawed off the terminals and put new ones on.  Things went well after that.

Also figured we needed an annoying video to go along with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment