Monday, February 9, 2015

Ladder update

I got the ladder fitted to the opening.  Easier than I thought.  The underside of the lip is curved.  I made a template of that curve and fitted it to the ladder.  I cut the tip of the ladder to fit and it went in first time.  I have attachment points on order but the store I order them from is closed for winter break.  Guess that's what you do when you sell boat parts during the winter...

I'm also trying to refinish the cabin sole.  The teak is like iron.  I've gone thru two 60 grit belts on my favorite tool.  The belt sander.  Edges and corners get done with a multi tool.  Works great.  I'll keep hammering at this until I see better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment